Monday, August 18, 2008

Meet the Teacher!

Lucas is in Mrs. Armstrong's class! Yeah!!! Today Lucas got to meet his new teacher and some new friends. He was not sure about going in at first...in fact his words were "These are not my friends, I think I will stay out here for a little while." So Matt sat outside the door with him until he saw other kids go inside and start having a little fun. He perked up pretty quickly. I was a little worried of that exact thing. He has been in CLC for the past couple of years and has made some really great friends all of which are not attending PCA this year for various reasons. I know he will adjust quickly though. This is one kid who has never had a problem making friends! So he was sooo excited about all the things in the classroom that had his name on them!
Mrs. Armstrong did a great job at making the kiddos feel really special! I took several pictures of the room! This year Lucas will be doing Science, Social Studies, Bible Class, Reading and Writing, Art, and Spanish and then once a week he gets to go to the Computer Lab, Music, PE, and then Chapel on Fridays! He is already to go on Wednesday morning! Now we will just see how easy it is to get both kids up and dressed and at school by 8:00 AM!!! We will have to leave the house by 7:30! YIKES!!! Well here a few pictures of today! We are praying for Lucas and his teachers for a great year and that Lucas will fall in love with learning and most importantly the Lord a little more everyday!








I was hoping you could read some of the things on the bulletin boards but if you can't you can click on the pic and I think they will show up bigger!

6 comments:

Ross and Carrie said...

I think I know that dude in the last picture!! Ah, school....

Marc and Charity said...

is this prek or??? I didn't realize they had anything for this age at PCA. Cerys starts Nursery SChool in a few weeks...uniform and everthing! :(

The Harringtons said...

Charity-
PCA has PreK 4 and PreK 5 and then they go on to Kindergarten.

Anonymous said...

Lucas, I will be praying for you and YOUR TEACHER each day. You will be a blessing to her I know. I love you very much. gigi

Anonymous said...

Wow, can't believe Lucas is going to school! Looks like it didn't take long for him to find the trains. Have fun! Love, Aunt Erin

Chad & Amy said...

What???? Spanish...why isn't he learning French????

It is so fun to see him growing up!