Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Roof! The Roof! The Roof is NOT on Fire!!!

Sorry no pictures of the little ones on this post. Just thought I would share a little story. I am traveling for work the past two days and last night about 12:30 am I get a call from Stephanie. At first, I am thinking she fell asleep and just woke up and realized we hadn't talked and wanted to say "Good Night". I know how sweet. Well as I answer the phone to hear alarms, and hear beating on something, the neighbors door, she is calmly telling me that she evacuated the house because all the fire alarms are going off. O.K. you got my attention now, as I am 4 hours away and already getting dressed to see if I can set a new land/speed record on getting home!!! Stephanie being the ever so calm and collected self, wakes up the neighbors, calls 911 and gets Frisco's finest fire fighters out to the house. The fire firefighters according to eye witnesses were very polite and very courteous and completely checked the house from top to bottom for any signs of fire or distress. After finding nothing, they assured Stephanie that nothing was wrong, maybe a faulty wire or battery in an alarm. They did change out the batteries and told Stephanie that she did great in getting out the house and staying calm.
Long story, short. Stephanie did great and we now recommend you change the batteries on your smoke alarms twice a year.

1 comment:

The Liberto Family said...

That would have been scary! Glad to know the house wasn't on fire and the family is ok!