Monday, February 19, 2007

A Lesson From A Two Year Old


Wow, Lucas has taught me a lot of things but this one really made me think. Matt is out of town tonight so it was just Lucas and I sharing some Macaroni and Cheese for dinner. Lucas was already sitting at the table with his bowl when I sat down with mine. I started to eat and was about to tell him what a good job he had done helping me make the dinner, when he looked at me and said "Mommy pway". Which means "Mommy pray" in toddler language. Wow! Matt and I have never done a really good job of being consistent with prayer at the dinner table, which I am sad to admit. So to hear him want to thank God for his dinner on his own made me so proud and embarassed at the same time! So, I am making a commitment to prayer at the dinner table. From now on no one eats until we "Pway"! I just thought that was worth sharing.

5 comments:

Marc and Charity said...

Hey, that's awesome. Cerys says the same thing if we forget too. I have a little flip calendar at the table that has a verse on it that I try and read each morning at breakfast. If I forget she says Mommy wead it! Then after I read it, she says AMMMEN! They are so cute at this age...most of the time. :)

Amy E. said...

That is such a blessing to hear. And a good reminder for us ALL to stop and say Thanks for all that we have. Kids are so precious and honest. Love the new picture of Lucas..just too cute!!

Unknown said...

What a sweetie! We have always prayed with our kids and now that they are older it has been really neat to see how thier prayers have developed from the "God is great God is good let us thank you for our food" prayer.
I missed seeing Lucas today!:(

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness. Once again this shows how smart he is. But I have to say this one makes a GiGi want to cry. You guys are doing a great job of parenting. See you tomorrow. Gigi

The Walkers said...

Hey guys!!! I love this update- what a sweet little man!! Can't wait to start on the journey of motherhood. Keep your phone on, because I know I will need tons of advice...