Saturday, July 5, 2008

It has been a while.....

I really have good intentions of updating the blog weekly but some how time just gets away from me. So I will just give the highlights of the past couple of weeks. I drove Lucas and Georgia to Arkansas last week to stay with my parents. I actually stayed until Wednesday and my parents brought the kids back Friday night. Anyway, they had a lot of fun...Lucas went fishing and played with his friend Kenny just about everyday! Georgia basically took advantage of the fact that if she let out the littlest peep of distress my dad would come running and pick her up. Here a few pics from that week....


Lucas thought he needed his goggles to play in the sprinklers!



Georgia being held...



Lucas and my dad fishing off their dock


So now this past weekend we had a fun Forth of July! Matt was home all day Friday and we basically just played with kids. It is amazing how much fun they have with a $4 pool and a $10 slip and slide! So we stayed in the back yard and played most of the early afternoon. After naps we went next door to hang out with our neighbors to swim and grill out and then watch the fireworks. We have an awesome view of the fireworks from the front of our house or our neighbors. They shoot them off at the Dr Pepper stadium but the traffic is horrible so we opt to sit at home and watch. Georgia fell asleep during the finale and Lucas was a bit delirious so both kids were in bed and asleep by the end of the show. So that is about it! I hope everyone had a great Fourth and remembered to thank God that we live in such a free and beautiful country! And here are a few pictures from the Fourth....


Georgia and Lucas in Georgia's swimming pool



Georgia in her July 4th outfit!

1 comment:

Ross and Carrie said...

Those are great photos! I love the one of Lucas and your dad fishing. Looks like a Hallmark card. :-)